I Was First Inspired By Samini - Gospel Singer Mark Kwakye

We all draw our inspiration from different sources and sometimes under very wiered circumstances. Pardon me if you are eating but some of the greatest ideas that have changed the course of history were conceived in the powder room.
Also, the negatives that befall us are blessings in disguise and it takes wisdom to turn our woes into fortunes.
With that being said, I  hope this piece changes the 'holier than thou' attitude of some so called 'Christians' because good does come out from what some regard as 'evil'.

Gospel singer Mark Kwakye disclosed in an exclusive interview that his singing prowess and amazing song writing skills was brought to life by ghanaian born self acclaimed African dancehall king Samini.
Mark recalled that faithful day when it all began for him.

"I think it was somewhere in class 5. I had heard of Samini, known then as Batman. I just picked a pencil and began to put down the lyrics of his song "Linda". That was how the love for music and songwriting started for me.
From there, I strived to write my own stuff and here we are today." Mark Kwakye revealed.

Although he's music is heavily influenced by the likes of Travis Greene, Vashawn Mitchelle, Cwesi Oteng and a few renowned gospel acts, the contemporary gospel singer did not fail to point out that the likes of Hiplife and Highlife greats such as Obrafour, Akatakyie, Akyeame, and Keteke helped shape his career, with Samini toping the list.

Aside ingniting the musical flame in Mark, the singer said that he has picked a lot from Samini's stage craft.

"I love the energy he puts into his stage performances and his mastery of the live band! It's so unique. I draw a lot of inspiration from that as well." He added.

Mark looks forward to meeting Samini in person to thank him for his impacting on his career and the music scene in Ghana as a whole.


Comments

Popular posts